Tag Archives: architect: Aleksandr Wladovsky

Lutheran church in Kopli, Tallinn

Aleksandr Wladovsky, 1944. EAM 3.4.56

This church is a special milestone in church architecture, as one of the last designed sacral buildings before the Soviet occupation in 1944, which denied religion on an ideological basis. The construction of the Lutheran church was planned in the Bekker settlement in the late 1930s, when the congregation rooms proved to be too small for the expanding Kopli industrial settlement. Back then the area plan for the entire city district needed to be prepared before the church building could be designed. The location of the church was to be close to the Kopli Cemetery, on the edge of a new garden suburb. The preliminary project in watercolours was donated to the museum in 2012 by Hilja Väravas. Text: Sandra Mälk


Veel: ,



    Opening times: Tue - Sun 11 a.m - 6 p.m Mon closed On February 23rd the museum is open until 3 p.m, closed on February 24th!
    Join the newsletter
  • ROTERMANN SALT STORAGE

    icon-youtubeicon-instagramF

    covid safe logo